Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Connect Between Earth and Sky

Being a woman is a beautiful, beautiful experience. One that I cherish. I am so grateful that by way of karma and the Most High's grace I came back as a sister this time. Within that I have found myself a daughter, a sister, a friend, a wife and helpmate, a receiver, a nurturer by nature, but most cherished is the experience of Motherhood. Mothers, what can I say about mothers? There is so much more in the feeling than in the words. So much in the relation, than in the verbal conveying of what it is to be, to have a mother. I find myself now as a mother, having instances that call forth my own memories as a child and experiences with my mother and realize the weight, the beautiful implication of that role. All love and praise to mothers and fathers that allow and support mothers. Truly family is a blessed thing.

Maitu, the Kikuyu word for mother, literally translated as Maa (truth) Itu (our) Our Truth, was started with the premise of honoring Mothers with service. Maitufoods initial service being preparing meals for postpartum mothers and their families. Its been a blessing and a gift to give to the families, the children, to these vessels of creation. I am grateful that The Most High has saw fit to allow me and the family to serve humanity and our community in this way. Its so intimate, its so personal. Dealing with food, which is vital for living. Yeah its great :) I honor any one who finds themselves serving the communities with their gifts. Be it in food preparing, food growing and establishing green spaces, midwifery and doula services, educators, instructors, story tellers, musicians, artists etc. It's all good works. Talking with my husband Eugene, last night we discussed the importance of setting out to be decent human beings. As social creatures we have many ideas of how to dos and what to dos, but if we can show our children examples of just being decent human beings, all else will be taken care of. I believe that. And for our youth, the very first influence, the first teacher and connect to the world and beyond is the Mother.

Mothers I salute you!!!!! Blessed love and prosperity!!!!

MAITUFOODS is happy to offer vegan meals for expecting and new mothers. As a mother I understand the importance and value of a meal that meets your nutritional needs. It's important that the food we eat, not only tastes good but also sustains us. Maitufoods is committed to serving fresh and nutritionally sound meals.

As a service we offer meal planning, food pick-up and delivery, as well as fresh water services.
Contact us at: maitufoods@gmail.com

Wangari Maathi Punch-Up (call me I will explain the name..smile)/check this history on her.
  • 1 whole pineapple peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1 cup fresh tamarind pulp
  • 4 inch piece of ginger
  • water and flesh from 1 coconut
After peeling, coring and slicing the pineapple, Juice along with the ginger.
In a blender, blend together the pineapple-ginger juice, coconut water and flesh and tamarind pulp.
At this point I like to keep it pulpy and thick, however you can strain to desired consistency. Love.

My kitchen sounds like: "New Life" by Midnite

No comments: